NYS COVID-19 PANDEMIC Small Business RECOVERY GRANT PROGRAM (as of 07/02/2021)
- News & Updates
- 02 Jul, 2021
Eligible Business Qualifications
Small businesses, Micro-businesses, and For-profit independent arts and cultural organizations (collectively, “Eligible Applicants”) must be currently viable and have begun operation on or before March 1, 2019, and continue to be in operation as of the date of application (maybe shuttered due to COVID restrictions).
Eligible Applicants will be required to show loss of gross receipts as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic or compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols which resulted in business modifications, interruptions, or closures.
Small businesses and Micro-businesses must:
- Have 2019 or 2020 Gross Receipts of between $25,000 and $500,000 per annum
- Demonstrate positive net profit on 2019 Business Return ($1 or greater)
- Demonstrate at least 25% loss in Annual Gross Receipts in a year-to-year gross receipt comparison as of December 31, 2020 to the same period in 2019.
- Demonstrate that the total business expenses on the 2020 business income return are greater than the grant amounts.
- Not have qualified for business grant assistance programs under the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 or any other available federal COVID-19 economic recovery or business assistance grant programs, including loans forgiven under the federal Paycheck Protection Program, or are unable to obtain sufficient business assistance from such federal programs.
- Eligible Applicants may have received or been awarded the following federal assistance:
- Paycheck Protection Program loans totaling $100,000 or less.
- COVID-19 EIDL Advance Grant of $10,000 or less.
- COVID-19 EIDL Supplemental Targeted Advance Grant of $5,000 or less.
- SBA Shuttered Venue Operator Grant.
- All Non-Profits, Churches and other religious institutions
- Government-owned entities or elected official offices
- Businesses primarily engaged in political or lobbying activities
- Businesses that received awards from the SBA Restaurant Revitalization Grant Program
- Landlords and passive real estate businesses
- Illegal businesses or enterprises
- Other industry or business types as specified by Empire State Development
Eligible Use of Grant Funds
The grants must be used for COVID-19 related losses or expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021. These include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property (but not any rent or mortgage prepayments)
- Payment of local property or school taxes associated with a small business location in NYS
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) costs
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
- Other documented COVID-19 costs as approved by Empire State Development
Ineligible Uses of Funds
- Grants awarded under the program may not be used to re-pay or pay down any portion of a loan obtained through a federal COVID-19 relief package for business assistance or any New York State business assistance programs.
- Eligible Applicants must provide evidence, acceptable to New York State that the Eligible Applicant is operational and that the Eligible Applicant is not restricted by any state, local or other agency mandate.
- Due to a limited amount of funding and the high volume of requests expected, your business type, geography and industry may factor into your ability to receive a grant.
- Priority will be given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners including, but not limited to, minority and women-owned business enterprises (NYS certification not required), service-disabled veteran-owned businesses, and veteran-owned businesses, or businesses located in communities that were economically distressed prior to March 1, 2020, as determined by the most recent Census data.
New York State COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program은 이번 COVID-19 때문에 피해를 입은 중소기업 상인들에게 연간 총수입의 10%, 최대 $50,000 달러를 무상으로 제공해주는 프로그램입니다. 이 보조금은 급여 및 운영 자본을 위해서만 사용하실 수 있으며 그 외 자금 조달 비용이나 투자목적을 위해서는 사용할 수 없습니다.
- COVID-19 로 인한 수입 감소가 있어야 함.
- 2019년 또는 2020년 총 수입이 최소 $25,000 최대 $500,000 이어야 함.
- 2019년 순이익이 최소 $1 이상이어야 함.
- 2019년 대비 2020년 총수입이 25%이상 감소해야 함.
- 2020 세금보고서의 총 비용은 GRANT 보다 많아야 함.
- 받으신PPP 금액이 $100,000 이하, EIDL ADVANCE $10,000 이하, EIDL TARGETED ADVANCE $5,000 이하 이어야 함.
- 주정부 및 주 노동국에 세금 납부 상태 기록이 양호한 상태의 사업체 이어야 함.
B. 중소기업이라도 해당이 되지 않는 사업은 다음과 같습니다.
- 정부소유 단체
- 정치 또는 로비 관련 업체
- SBA RESTAURANT REVITALIZATION GRANT PROGRAM 수혜업체
- 부동산 소득보고 업체
- 그 외 사회에 민폐를 끼치거나 불법적인 거래를 하는 사업
C. 신청 방법:
아래 웹사이트에서 신청하시면 됩니다.